Comprehensive treatment for infectious and immunologic diseases in children
Our team of pediatric infectious disease physicians at Prisma Health Children's Hospital–Midlands specialize in comprehensive treatment for new, recurring or persistent conditions in children caused by infectious organisms.
We offer consultations for children and young adults across the state of South Carolina, from the Midlands region to the Pee Dee (a 17-county referral area), and facilitate the area's only comprehensive HIV/AIDS program for children. In addition, we are actively involved in medical student and resident education, provide expertise and advice to the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Services (SC DHEC), and are responsible for the administration of the state's first antibiotic stewardship program.
We care for a full spectrum of infectious diseases in children including those caused by bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses.
We consult on conditions including:
- Antibiotic resistant organisms
- Bone and joint infections
- Clostridium difficile (C. diff) infections
- Congenital infections
- HIV and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- MRSA infections and colonization
- Respiratory infections
- Tick-borne illnesses
- Travel associated infectinos
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Unknown illnesses with extended fever or recurrent fevers, including PFAPA
- Zoonotic infections
9 Richland Medical Park Dr., Suite 400
Columbia, SC 29203