Other Pediatric Specialties
Adolescent Medicine focuses on the care of patients ranging in age from their last years of elementary school through their high school graduation.
The pediatric anesthesiologists at Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital provide safe, optimal conditions during surgery while also providing care to make the entire hospital stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible for our pediatric patients. Our equipment and techniques are specifically suited to the size and age of your child to help ensure a successful outcome of the procedure and anesthesia. Our pediatric anesthesiologists work with other doctors such as pediatricians, surgeons and other specialists to improve the quality of your child’s entire experience before, during and after their procedure.
Cochlear Implant Program
Cochlear implants are performed at Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital through the Cochlear Implant Program by an ENT-otolaryngologist.
Ear, Nose and Throat
A team of expert ear, nose and throat specialists have high levels of experience treating pediatric ENT disorders at Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital. Common procedures performed include:
- Airway and breathing disorders
- Pediatric nose and sinus problems
- Tongue tie (Ankyloglossia)
- Speech and language disorders
- Pediatric head and neck tumors
- Ear infections including swimmer's ear, otitis media, middle ear fluid (serous otitis) and chronic otitis media
- Throat problems such as recurring sore throats, tonsil and adenoid problems, bacterial tonsillitis, pharyngitis, peritonsillar abscess and sleep apnea
The Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Palmetto Health Richland offers your family and your little one our medical expertise and heartfelt concern. Palmetto Health Richland, adjacent to Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital, has a Level III NICU to care for these critically ill babies.
Highly-skilled surgeons specializing in the latest cosmetic and reconstructive operations can be found at Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital, treating our youngest patients. These surgeons perform a full range of plastic surgery services, both reconstructive and cosmetic, including:
- Birth defects of the face and skull (cleft lip and palate, misshapen skull)
- Birth defects of the ear (protruding or absent ear)
- Birth defects of the chest and limbs (misshapen breasts, webbed fingers and toes)
- Injuries to the head, face, hands, arms and legs
- Birthmarks and scars
- Cosmetic surgery to improve a child's self-image
Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital pharmacists offer a wide range of clinical support with regular clinical services and dedicated infectious disease services.
Pediatric radiologists provide broad-based imaging services and interventional radiology at Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital.
Our pediatric sports medicine specialists work with adolescents and teens who have an injury or illness affecting sports performance, exercise or activity.