Comprehensive rehabilitation services
At our Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine Clinic, we offer comprehensive consultation and outpatient rehabilitation services for children and adolescents ages 0 -21.
What is pediatric rehabilitation?
Pediatric rehabilitation physicians specialize in functional ability, offering medications, therapies, and programs to restore skills and mobility to those children and teens facing temporary or permanent disabilities and loss of function.
We work closely with allied health professionals, including physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language therapists, cognitive education specialists, recreational therapists, child life therapists, nutritionists, social workers, case managers, orthotists and prosthetists, as well as equipment specialists, to maximize functional progress and optimize recovery.
- Traumatic brain injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Anoxic brain injury
- Pediatric stroke
- Spasticity (tightness or stiffness of muscles)
- Dystonia (involuntary muscle movements)
- Neuromuscular disorders (muscular dystrophies, Charcot-Marie-Tooth, spinal muscular atrophy, etc.)
- Children with other physical disabilities or deconditioning
- Acquired brain and spinal cord conditions, such as:
- Brain or spinal cord tumor
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
- Other encephalitis
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Transverse myelitis
- Other brain or spinal cord infections and issues
- Spina bifida
We also provide interventional spasticity management, including Botox injections and intrathecal baclofen pump refills and management.
Pediatric Rehabilitation Center
The Prisma Health Children's Hospital–Midlands Pediatric Rehabilitation Center is the state’s first acute inpatient rehabilitation program for children and adolescents, located on the 5th floor of the Children’s Hospital.
This intensive, interdisciplinary and comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation program will help children and teens to maximize recovery after a sudden decline in their medical and functional status.
For our patients and families, please remember to:
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to complete a few forms
- Bring insurance card and photo ID
- Bring all medications or an up-to-date list of all medications
- Bring all braces
- Notify us at least 24 hours in advance, if you must cancel your appointment
Our care team
Medical Director, Pediatric Rehabilitation