Kohl's Buckle Buddies Programs
Get Your Seat Checked
In the state of South Carolina, four out of five car seats are installed or used improperly. Using your car seat correctly can reduce the chance of injury for your child in an automobile accident by up to 71 percent.
To ensure your car seat is installed and used properly, have your seat checked by a nationally certified Child Passenger Safety Technician.
Child Passenger Safety Class
- Each month, Kohl's Buckle Buddies and our partners conduct child passenger safety classes throughout the midlands. During this class, you'll learn general car seat information that is tailored to your child's needs while also having the opportunity to get hands-on experience installing your car seat. A nationally certified child passenger safety technician is always present and ready to check your car seat installation on site at the end of class. Each class lasts approximately one hour. This class is FREE and open to the public. Call 803-296-KIDS to register.
- To see exact dates, times and locations of our classes, view our news and events.
- This class serves as the educational requirement needed to receive a discount on any new car seat purchased through the Birthplace Shoppe at Palmetto Health Richland or Palmetto Health Baptist. For more information on the Car Seat Distribution Program, please click here.
To optimize the learning environment for attendees, you are encouraged not to bring children to the child passenger safety class. For any concerns regarding exceptions to this policy, please contact Kevin Poore at 803-434-2955.
Classes are free and open to the public, but space is limited. Please call to reserve your seat no less than 24 hours in advance.
Palmetto Health Children's Hospital Car Seat Purchasing Program
For information on the car seat purchasing program, click here.
Kohl's Buckle Buddies Partner School Program
Each year, Kohl's Buckle Buddies certifies two elementary schools in our service counties as Kohl's Buckle Buddies Partner Schools. This program includes an evaluation of child passenger safety traveling and examines school routines and parental habits in an effort to increase the safety of the school’s children.
Congratulations to the following Kohl's Buckle Buddies Partner schools that have participated in the program and have successfully made changes to meet their safety goals:
- Round Top Elementary School, Blythewood
- A.C. Moore Elementary School, Richland
If you are interested in having your school certified as a Kohl's Buckle Buddies Partner School, please email Kevin Poore at BuckleBuddies@PalmettoHealth.org to get more information.